Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:37:21 -0500
How true!

Once upon a time I used flat 300 ohm TV line and twisted it every so often.
It worked.

Then I used wider spaced window line and also twisted it for a feed line.
It also worked.

Now I use homemade open wider feeder with #12 wire and 4 inch ceramic dog bone
insulators. (Yeah, once upon a time Radio Shack actually sold them.) This set-
up is very broadbanded (I use an 80m full-wave loop) and loads everywhere. I
could calculate, but my feedline loss is so minimal I don't bother.

73 de Phil - N8PS