Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals

To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals
From: Joel Hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:17:57 -0500
Steve,

Good questions, and this goes back some time, as I remember it, we had the
line going into a 9:1 balun at each end. On the distant end, where the
microwattmeter was, we had the 50 ohm termination of the wattmeter. At the
generator end, on the coax side of the balun, we had a pi-network tuner (my
old 100 W tentec, appropriate for this forum). For each test at each
frequency, I adjusted the tuner for maximum response at the far end. My
conclusion is that the line was thus matched to the generator at each test
point. Whatever the transformed impedance of the far end (meter load) was at
the generator was matched for maximum power transfer to the system at
whatever impedance it was.

I hope that makes sense, and makes you more comfortable with our technique?

Regards, Joel Hallas
Westport, CT