Re: [TenTec] 566 Orion II Firmware Version V3.029 ---Spectrum Display &

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 566 Orion II Firmware Version V3.029 ---Spectrum Display & Tuning dot
From: kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 23:19:14 -0400 (EDT)
Yes,
I liked the tuning dot as well.
73,
Lee

Lee Simmonds
Summit DCS LLC

260-799-4077 Office
260-403-6936 Cell

-----Original Message-----
From: N4be_Jim <n4be_jim@yahoo.com>
To: tentec <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Sun, Apr 22, 2012 8:14 pm
Subject: [TenTec] 566 Orion II Firmware Version V3.029 ---Spectrum
Display & Tuning dot

Finally loaded up the latest version 3.  Very nice, audio and agc are
very
smooth. Haven't used it enough to comment further except to say I
really miss
the little tuning dot above the spectrum display that tracked your
frequency
changes relative to the spectrum.  Yes it was imprecise but I could at
least get
into the vicinity of an interesting signal.  When you turned the freq
knob, the
sweep would freeze as it does now and the dot would move above the
spectrum.
What are the chances of getting that back, or am I missing something?
Also
there have been some comments about the spectral peak of a signal not
centering
right on the centerline.  Actually I believe the frequency of a SSB
signal is
defined as the carrier frequency, not the midpoint of the sideband.  So
it would
make sense for the cursor to align offset from the side and energy
peak. The
sideband peak would be above the carrier for USB, and below for lsb.
Anyway, what about that tuning dot?

Thanks, and nice work TT!

Jim N4BE

Sent from my iPad