Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec
From: Stephen Pink <spink007@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 21:56:39 -0400
I bought my first Ten Tec in 1976.  It was a used Triton IV that I bought
from a dealer in Rochester, NY.  Although I had been licensed since 1962,
I hadn't done much CW because the radios I had were separates: Heathkits
(DX-40),
Knightkits, Globemasters, etc.  Had very bad receive selectivity and the
transition
from transmit to receive was throwing a bunch of switches.

The Triton IV changed everything for me.  The QSK was the first I had ever
experienced
and even the CW selectivity (I had an IF crystal filter for CW) was
incredible to me. I also
bought a Ten Tec external electronic keyer with a built in iambic paddle
which made
sending a pleasure.

I have been a CW guy ever since and now have an Orion and love it.

73,

Steve