Re: [TenTec] OT: Field Day Drill

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Field Day Drill
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:47:44 -0500
Jim,
    If you are use to cooler weather FD, then you should try FYBO (Freeze
Your Butt Off).  FYBO is a winter field day held in early February and
sponsored by the Arizona ScQRPions.  It is popular QRP winter FD and you get
points based not only on contacts but also on the wind Chill Factor for your
location.  I don't understand why but the Minnesota QRP club has won it
several times. ;-) The AZ ScQRPions used to sponsor BUBBA (Burn Ur Big Buns
Away) in August of each year.  You would collect extra points based on the
Heat Index.  Seems like the Houston, Texas QRP club always did well.  Both
were a lot of fun but very challenging.
Jerry W5JH