Re: [TenTec] New TT Amp

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New TT Amp
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 10:52:40 -0500 (CDT)
If I recall correctly, the 405 amp was discontinued about the time the FCC
changed the rules regarding amplifiers.
Specifically, the rules (not just in Part 97) to require a minimum power input
of 50 Watts, and to limit commercial production of amps covering the frequency
range of 24 to 35 MHz (if memory serves).
And we all know how well THAT solution worked...
73, ron w3wn