Re: [TenTec] New TT Amp

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New TT Amp
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:38:19 -0500 (CDT)
I think you may be on to something Jeff.
It's pretty clear that there is a market for a QRP radio that can be, in one
fashion or another, upgraded to 100 W out. Elecraft is selling quite a few
K2/10's & K3/10's that can be upgraded at a later time...a K2/10 with the
KPA100, a K3/10 with the KPA3.
Now, if you think the cost of the TT 418 is high, look at the cost to upgrade
the brick on the K2 or K3. Factor in as well that the Elecraft bricks are
specific to that model radio only, whereas the TT amp will work with almost any
appropriately rated rig.
Now personally, for the shekels involved, I'd personally be more likely to buy
an Eagle than an Argonaut VI + TT418 combo. But that's me. Clearly there is a
market for a brick to update a QRP rig to a "standard" outpput, and clearly
there may be a market to take the next step as well.
We shall see.
73, ron w3wn