Re: [TenTec] new amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new amp
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:24:54 -0400

On 8/16/2012 6:45 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:

> are coming across as akin to "I can buy a baseball ticket to the cheap seats
> at a (Minor League Single-A) game for $5, so why would I spend $100 for a
> ticket at the (Major League) ballpark (behind home plate in the all you can
> eat section)?  After all, a ticket is a ticket and a ball game is a ball
> game!"

                You got it !   Your analogy is losing traction,
                because that is exactly how I feel.

                I  no longer drive 200 miles to Detroit and pay $80
                to sit 400 feet off the action, and pay $8 for a warm
                crappy beer,  to see the Tigers play.  Instead, I prefer
                supporting the local team, where I can sit within 50
                feet of the action, and actually see the game, and
                hear the players chatter, sit comfortably in a nice
                seat,  with a $2 beer and chatter ALONG WITH my
                hometown friends.   Way more fun - and it is still
                just a baseball game to me.

                                        ;-)

                Nevertheless, I follow your drift  and appreciate
                your explanation of it.  THANKS for your take.