Re: [TenTec] OT: Question about TS-590 possible problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Question about TS-590 possible problem
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:20:50 -0700
On 10/7/2012 1:10 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
We are simply asking for experience with the TS-590.
I'm thinking the TS-590 is a random noise generator!

YES, it is. So is the Icom 7600. These are low cost, do-everything wonders, and the design compromises to do everything at low cost results in lots of broadband noise. There are good reasons why much cleaner rigs like the Orion and K3 cost a lot more.

Below is a post by N6TV (top contester, owns several K3s) to the NCCC reflector back in July. Note specifically the comments about the 590.

73, Jim K9YC