Re: [TenTec] Yaesu comparison

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Yaesu comparison
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:40:16 +0100
Dan,

Without knowing which filters are in the K3 or how any of the rigs are set
up, there is no way to judge what we really heard.  My guess is, I could
make whichever rig I wanted sound the best.
>From what we heard and saw, the OR2 was best, but what filters were selected
and where were the passband tuning controls set to on each of these?

I can say when I had my Eagle and my K3 on the desk, side by side, I made
these kinds of tests and I couldn't see any difference.  My K3 only had the
5-pole CW roofing filter, not even the 8-pole.  And I don't think the Eagle
is that much worse than the O2.

However I SURE liked the pretty O2 display the best!

I never owned one of those fancy rigs with a color TV built in.
Tell me, do you have to watch commercials too, or do they filter those out?
;-)

73
Rick, DJ0IP