Re: [TenTec] A/B rig testing

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A/B rig testing
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 02:12:27 -0500
Thank you for saying this better than I could.

I tell ya fellers what ... l own both an Omni VII and TS-590s and they are both darned good radios. That said, regardless of the specifications, and regardless of what place each has on the World Famous 3d Order Intercept List... it is easier to pull a weak signal out of the mud on the Omni VII than the TS-590s. They both have RF-Gain knobs, and other filters, etc., but the rotational range on the Kenwood RF-GAIN control is about 1/3 that of the Omni VII, and making it way easier to dial in less noise, and more signal, on the Omni VII. They are both capable of similar results, but it is EASIER to achieve on the one versus the other. In other words, I am not saying both radios cannot achieve similar results, I am simply saying it is easier to achieve those results on the one rig.

That is MY take, anyway...