Re: [TenTec] COMMUNICATIONS SPEAKERS Article

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] COMMUNICATIONS SPEAKERS Article
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:48:54 -0600
Hi Folks,
    I have about 6-8 of the Motorola speakers.  These have a diecast front
panel painted a cream color with the Motorola name in red.  The back cover
is gray in color.   I discovered these speakers when I was looking for a
speaker for my Icom IC2A in about 1990.  The small output of the Icom could
drive the Motorola speaker to full volume in the mobile. The reason the Icom
could drive the speaker so well is the fact that the speaker is a 3.2 ohm
unit. The first thing you notice after plugging in one of these speakers is
how loud the sound is.  When I say loud, I mean LOUD.  As someone else has
said, they are very good communication speakers.  I have fixed up several of
these speakers and given them to my friends.  They all like them.  You need
to try one just to see how well they work.
Jerry W5JH