[TenTec] Antw: Re: Tuning Amp on 17 meters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Antw: Re: Tuning Amp on 17 meters
From: "M. WIJK" <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:41:53 +0200
Exactly Rick,

Network analysers offer the option to do just that.
In the field you reconnect the coax (regardless length/spec) from the antenna
and measure open circuit/short circuit/50 Ohm termination, engaged from the NA
menu.
That completely rules out the feedline and you are looking at the antenna
(only) from your shack (or wherever the NA is located).
Old HP NA's are bulky, but cheap nowadays.

So far, after upgrading from an MFJ to a Palstar to my current RIG-Expert
antenna analyser, I am pretty happy. My AA-54 is sweeping the pre-defined band
and shows all data I need.
Provided I take it outside off course.

many trees Mark, PA5MW