Re: [TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:51:59 -0500
By definition, no. You almost certainly are enjoying an unbalanced current on your feed line, likely a current on the outside of the coax shield causing an erroneous reading. You'll need to alleviate that to avoid the problems you're seeing. A good 1:1 current-type balun is the key to fixing such problems. Something like either a good choke balun or a W2DU-sort of balun.

73,

Kim N5OP