Re: [TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 19:23:50 -0500
Maybe "unun" and "balun" don't really apply here. Walt Maxwell, W2DU, and Lew McCoy, W1ICP, were famously at odds about whether the W2DU "balun" was really a balun or something else. Walt said yes, Lew said no. What you want to do, Jim, regardless of what we call it, is to alleviate the current on the outside of the coaxial transmission line. The Wireman's product 8232 will do just that.

If it's common-mode current on ladder line that you have to wrestle, the problem harder is harder in a practical sense even though the same techniques still apply.

73,

Kim N5OP