Re: [TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 07:27:06 +0200
Tnx agn Jim.

Our legal limit is 750w, but the wire I spoke of is only being used in
barefoot applications (100w).
For high power I use thicker 2mm Teflon-covered wire. AWG-12 is 2.05mm so
it's about AWG-12 that I'm using.

OK, I got the point on too little common mode impedance causing the damage,
but there is nothing wrong with using Teflon covered wire, is there?

73
Rick, DJ0IP