Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor "TX IMD"

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor "TX IMD"
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 18:48:21 -0400
Er... um... you are working too hard - I indicated it would be only a temporary affliction when I said:

        "along the grey line during at least part
        of the contest..."

That should suggest I only operate in that direction during "part of the contest."

Besides, the real point was to mention how much I enjoy working the SA guys. While am out to win, the ultimate take away in contesting is not the final score, but how so many different guys, in so many different cultures and situations, manage to cooperate in what is both a competitive, and a cooperative, enterprise. While we compete against other operators, we must also cooperate with them or it does not work. I cannot think of many other sports where there is that much friendly cooperation among participants. And I find the SA operators are particularly pleasant and willing to work hard to complete the contact - which what makes it fun for me.