Re: [TenTec] TT 238C will not tune

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT 238C will not tune
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 15:37:46 -0500 (CDT)
If the purchase is recent then warranty is certainly the choice. OTOH....
 as I've said many times with various brands, models and such of almost
anything, new only guarantees new.......not necessarily good.

I recently purchased a new VCR at a local well known big box store.  Box
looked new and factory sealed.  Got it home, connected the cables,
powered it up and proceeded to load a tape. It wouldn't load.  On further
investigation I found a tape already in the unit.  Removed it to find a
hand written label "mommas tape".  Hummm, wonder where it had been.  Took
it back, explained the situation and with no issues, they handed me
another one.  No apology or compensation offers either.

For me, the circuit is simple and easy to work on, I'd just find out what
is wrong and fix it, as opposed to the aggravation of packing and
shipping.  If there is a switch with contacts damaged or the contact on
the roller damages then warranty is the choice.

Maybe the earlier owner decided to do some wiring changes to "make it
better".

73
Bob, K4TAX