Re: [TenTec] Tuner

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 08:06:49 +0200
BETTER YET:

Cut the antenna for about 3550 kHz.
Calculate how much shorter each leg will be for resonance at 3800.  (abt. 4
feet).
Mount the end insulator of each leg 4' from the end of the wire.
Drill a hole in a 2 wooden or plastic clothes pins (the ones with the
spring/clip) and mount them on the ends of the wire.

For CW, just let them hang down.
For SSB, fold them back along the antenna leg, twisting a little and clip
the clothespin onto the wire.

This is how I always built my 80m antennas.  Most of the time I work SSB,
except for CW contests.
Unfortunately at this QTH I can't do that.  Impossible to get at either leg
of the antenna.
Instead, I use the 238B.

73
Rick, DJ0IP