Re: [TenTec] Tuner

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 20:52:41 -0500 (CDT)
I trust it is a coax fed dipole.

My 80M dipole has a 1:1 SWR with the tuner in bypass at 3800.  To make it
match at 3550 I use 11.5 turns of inductance counted from full stop at
the left and then counting clockwise, the C is @ 6 and the Hi Z on #1.
As to what the slide dial says, it's been broken for years.  I just count
the turns.

Will it match a 50 ohm load at that frequency?  Try it.  There may be a
bad C at the back of the switch.

73
Bob, K4TAX

> I recently purchased a used 238 tuner. It will give me a perfect match on
> 40 meters with my 80 meter dipole, but I cannot get it to match the 80
> meter dipole cut for 3800 down to the CW area. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Disclosure:
I am a Tentec Ambassador and compensated according to the Tentec
Ambassador plan. I serve as a volunteer beta test person for the Omni
VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI products.   Otherwise, I hold no business or
employment interest with Tentec.