Re: [TenTec] Tuner

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 00:35:06 -0700
On 7/9/2013 12:22 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
We don't all have room for a tower and beam like you do.
In fact here in Europe, very few people do.  Less than 1% of us.

The OCF is about the only way to get a single wire to work on many bands,
unless you feed with openwire.

It's not an "either-or." Look at the links on my qrz page to see what I did in Chicago, very small lot. ALL resonant wires, no aluminum (except for 6M). There are MANY options for resonant, balanced, multi-band antennas for small lots. OCF antennas and verticals in cities are NOISY. RX noise is is big @#%^*ing deal. If you can't hear 'em, you can't work 'em.

73, Jim K9YC