Re: [TenTec] Tuner

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>, "chacuff@cableone.net" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner
From: "R. Eric Sluder" <resluder@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 18:57:05 -0700 (PDT)
Having mine at 40 ft has proved interesting.  Its fully stretched out
horizontal (80-10 model).  It seems to work great for DX, but close in stations
like a friend in Chicago are a bit of a challenge.  I'm planning a 135 ft
dipole fed with open wire (600 ohm) transmission line with hopes of changing
things up a bit.  Need to wrap up my beverage project first, and its been like
living in a jungle this spring/summer in Indiana.  I live on the edge of a very
thick woods with creek (which comprises my back yard) and the skeeters are so
big & thick they give the Texas bugs a run for their money.  I swore the other
day one flew by and I thought it was a horse fly :-)

The creek is coming in handy for the termination resistor to ground.  Finding
constantly wet soil isn't to hard to do.  I suspect a vertical or sorts is in
order on the back of the property by the creek.

Eric
W9WLW

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android