Re: [TenTec] OCF antennas evolution

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OCF antennas evolution
From: k6jek <k6jek@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 19:17:25 -0700
Right. I was answering your question, "Why not move the balun 200 feet away,
right up to the feed point?" At high SWR coax is lossy compared to OWL.

I believe an 80 meter dipole used on 40 has an impedance of something like 2400
+ j1700 for an SWR of about 75:1.

The 4:1 vs 1:1 balun question I'll leave to others.

Jon