Re: [TenTec] 160 meters, ten ted 238 tuner, part two

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 160 meters, ten ted 238 tuner, part two
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 09:43:53 -0700
On 11/1/2013 9:11 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
If someone jumps straight into RFI ham, I'm sure he'll get a shock, unless he
is pretty tech savvy.

Gee, I'm sorry to hear that. I tried very hard to write it for someone who understood the basics of electronics, electrical circuits, transmission lines, and antennas. Is that assumption unreasonable? And I've tried to write in a form that "tells the story," leading logically from point A to point B to point C.

There's also an important difference between casually reading something as opposed to really studying it. It took me years to figure this stuff out, and I understood these fundamentals quite well. Someone seeing these concepts for the first time should expect to STUDY it, not just read it casually.

73, Jim K9YC