Re: [TenTec] Transmit not stopping when PTT is released

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Transmit not stopping when PTT is released
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 19:55:00 -0600
There are some QSK systems fast enough to run with a single line if the drive
is delayed by a few ms; the Ameritron QSK5 PIN diode switch in my AL-1200 is
one. But it does have a minimum time between keying and the application of
drive. I think the minimum time is 1 ms, but I'd have to re-read the specs to
be sure. Most transceivers meet that requirement.

The PIN diode switch can also be operated with a keying loop for completely
fail-safe QSK operation.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith