Re: [TenTec] 318 and qsk-5

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 318 and qsk-5
From: "R. Eric Sluder - W9WLW" <resluder@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 09:43:18 -0500
I don't have an old amp design that I have brought to live, but I did recently
drag home an 80's vintage Motorola paging transmitter with a nice two tube
(8560AS') amp to possibly convert to a six meter amp.  The transmitter was
putting out 200 watts  around 160 MHZ and designed for continuous duty, and I
believe it after hauling the supply out of my SUV into the garage... Argh! The
transformer alone sure makes our ham amplifier transformers look puny in
comparison.

Eric
W9WLW

Sent from my iPad