Re: [TenTec] On Switching Power Supplies

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] On Switching Power Supplies
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:44:07 -0600
If and only if the sole and singular concern is RF quiet operation, the a
linear supply is the only choice. If efficiency plays a role, the you choose
the technological path.

As an aside, in WWII and the decades that followed -- when CW was the dominant
mode and required only a Second Class Radiotelegraph license was needed -- most
ships used super regen receivers, even though superhet receivers were
significantly better. Why?

Because submarines couldn't find shops with super regen receivers because
they're radio-quiet.

It all depends on the operational constraints.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith