Re: [TenTec] POSSIBLE REBUTTAL TO JB

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] POSSIBLE REBUTTAL TO JB
From: José Félix Ballester <jfballester@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 13:31:29 -0400
This is out of order.   Not the place to get personal.

73, Pepe WP3HW

On Jan 19, 2014, at 1:20 PM, Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

On 1/19/2014 12:15 AM, Richards wrote:
> OK... once again, you tell me I am ignorant, rather
>    than explaining it.    One does not need an
>    engineering degree to get this.

I refuse to take my time to teach fundamental electronics to those who are
unwilling to spend their own time studying the fundamentals. Ham radio IS a
technical hobby.  We are required to pass a test demonstrating technical
knowledge of the fundamentals. Excellent textbooks are available from ARRL
covering the fundamentals -- the ARRL Handbook is one of them.

Some hams do, indeed, take the easy way out and obtain their license by
cramming for the exam without learning the fundamentals. But I'll be damned if
I'm going to do their studying for them when they need to know the stuff they
were too lazy to learn.

BTW -- in a couple of emails in this thread I DID explain WHY, but someone must
have spent the time to learn the fundamentals, which you obviously have not.

This email came to me privately. Quoted without comment.

On 1/17/2014 2:03 PM, xxxxxx wrote:
> Just between the two of us, where did this guy get his ham ticket, out of a
> Cracker Jack box?  Yikes!
>
>       73,

73, Jim K9YC