Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: k6jek <k6jek@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 19:11:56 -0800
Fine stuff. I have a 2B too. My CE 100V from 1959 was the best sounding SSB
transmitter I had for a long time. I always get compliments even from the HiFi
SSB people. Later when I got the OMNI VII and the Flex I was finally able to
equal the quality of that 100V or almost equal it. I like think the 100V is
still a touch better than those modern pieces.

Now I'm going to have to find a beat up GSB100 to work on since that's what I
do for fun. My daughter says I don't really like anything unless it's broken.

Jon