Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:05:18 -0500
On 2/23/2014 3:44 PM, k6jek wrote:

PS: Old Drake gear. Wonderful.  I hope you still have it.

Yes, I do -- and still in mint condition.

The back story...

I bought a brand new R4B when I was in the Chicago area for a 13 week Bell System class and saw a classified ad from a fellow selling new Drake equipment. It turned out that Allied Radio was getting out of selling ham equipment and this guy bought all (or a lot?) of Allied's ham equipment and was selling it privately.

When I got home to the Detroit area, a doctor was selling just a T4XB transmitter only (go figure) in the Detroit paper classified section, so I ended up with the "matched pair".

73,
Carter   K8VT