Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 15:12:04 -0500
On 2/23/2014 1:36 PM, k6jek wrote:
I certainly got everyone riled up with this one, didn't I?

Just to be clear, these guys were not giving me grief but I still don't like
being the guy who is off frequency all the time even though I often run old,
old gear. The Corsair (I) is not a candidate as a National Bureau of Standards
reference.

I can't help but view this thread with a bit of humor, and dare I say, irony.

Got my Novice ticket in 1959 and remember that with the first 3 or 4 receivers I had, I was lucky to be within 50 kHz. Even when I got the Drake 4B line (wonderful radios!) in 1969, they were calibrated to 1 kHz.

So pardon me for smiling when I see people quibbling about 30 cycles.

My, how times change!   :-)

73,
Carter   K8VT