Re: [TenTec] Does this happen to you on transmit...OMNI V ??

To: <n4py3@earthlink.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Does this happen to you on transmit...OMNI V ??
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:50:24 -0500
What's your power supply?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py3@earthlink.net>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 17:33

Sounds like RF feedback. This can be a tough one to figure out.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 2/24/2014 5:29 PM, Scott Shepard wrote:
I am going thru a variety of projects presently and am now at the omni V ...it seems on most bands above 80 m if I increase power to past 3/4 point the display blanks out and it gets stuck in tx mode...as though swamped with RF...I have the new chip 9.v2 ...I have to turn the rig off in order to reset the controls...any ideas or similar experience?

Kind regards

Scott VA3IED