Re: [TenTec] Does this happen to you on transmit...OMNI V ??

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Does this happen to you on transmit...OMNI V ??
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:21:37 -0600
Jim mentions the RCA connectors on the rear. Please understand the Audio IN on the rear is the same exact input only isolated by a 22K resistor from the mike input on the front. Anything that is connected to the Audio IN on the rear, when using the mike, may allow RF into the TX audio. Unfortunately, from experience, one must use one or the other but not both unless you are asking for trouble. Later radios provided a selection for the MIC input or the Line/Aux input.

On coax jumpers and connectors, today's connectors typically are lacking in quality although the plating is "pretty". I always snug the PL-259's with a pair of 4" channel lock pliers that reside at the desk. I've found that finger tight is simply not good enough and is often the source of RFI issues.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>