Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: bob barnes <k0wtz@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 08:04:27 -0800 (PST)
well i came up in the 50s hams loved am and you had to be in that era to love
and understand it.  then came collins with their first ssb rigs.  talk about
resentment because the money boys all gathered together there was lots of
qrming of them.  with the lack of hams on the bands now we could go back to am
with no problem.

personaly i think ham radio has gone as far as it needs to go. oh there will
always be a few tinkers to go into the digital modes but really for what reason
except to prove up well we are different thats fine but i dont see where it can
really apply on the ham radio bands.

by the way when working field day the bands can close down for some reason on
ssb but cw will always get through.  that old stinkin cw!

73
bob k0wtz
all things are possible in Christ Jesus our savior