Re: [TenTec] (no subject)

To: n4py3@earthlink.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 22:01:16 -0400
I say scrap the Omni VII real time band scope project and move on to better, more profitable projects. I don't want a puny, itty bitty, scope display anyway... and won't pay $600 for THAT in any case... unless it DOES BETTER THAN REAL TIME, and PREDICTS IN ADVANCE where the DX is going to be!

I can get a full screen band scope with my FiFi SDR-IQ kit. Even Elecraft produced a full screen display for the P3 - presumably there is sufficient demand for it. If it does not do more the FTdx3000 scope does, it will be too little, too late.

So, I vote to Scrap the project (vis-a-vis the Omni VII) and work on the next great TT rig, instead.

Some projects just don't work out, despite good intentions - and I forgive AND RELEASE TT from its promise to produce a real time band scope for the Omni VII. It is OK... just did not work out. Better to build the next great TT radio, instead, AND IT SHOULD HAVE A FULL SIZE BAND SCOPE DISPLAY, a receiver as good as the Eagle-RS-366, and a super clean 50v, 200 w PA, plus super modern, kick askii looks. It must NOT use the same old look. Putting the new Argonaut in the same old tired case, looking the Model 1254 receiver kit, was a HUGE mistake. I know it is a great rig, inside, but I think the Brand X rigs look da bomb, and TT needs to take the lead or at least look like it is keeping up.

Just MY take.