Re: [TenTec] Best of Luck de W4TJE

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Best of Luck de W4TJE
From: k6jek <k6jek@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 21:00:30 -0700
It sure feels like you're right about the demographics judging by the guys I
talk to on the air and see at the local swap meets. They are not spring
chickens. The ARRL paints a rosier picture. Highest numbers ever in 2012 they
point out.   Are these mostly inactive licensees who got a license on a whim
but don't really get on the air?
"In the past 40 years, the number of Amateur Radio operators in the US has
grown at a remarkable rate:

December 1971: 285,000
December 1981: 433,000
December 1991: 494,000