Re: [TenTec] The Next Flagship

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Next Flagship
From: TTMaven <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 22:15:02 -0400

On 5/21/2014 1:44 PM, Cecil wrote:

Are we a dis-proportionate group?

                yes, I think so.

                Following the bankruptcy trends, and the
                larger economy, I doubt a lot of family age
                hams will be buying the expensive stuff.

We are living in the age of a huge Baby Boomer population...

                Er... baby boomers are older than 50 years
                old.   The younger crowd will be supporting
                the baby boomers in the years to come.

The Makers Faire market is always going to be at the bottom end...that's the
nature of that customer... But that's the younger up coming generation that is
following us boomers...they've got a lot in front of them that will prevent
them from being able to afford the higher end stuff...and their numbers are a
fraction of the boomer generation that will be buyers for the next 20 years.

                Right.   And they won't be buying expensive
                radios, but making them with Arduino stuff
                and cobling QRP stuff together.

                Small is big these days.   Look at the home
                stereo market.  Look at the cell phone market.
                We grew up with big stereos, while the younger
                set lives with earbuds and Ipod nanos

                I kinda think TT is ahead of the curve here and
                may be smarter than we give them credit for.

Happy days.