Re: [TenTec] Zeus ZS-1 SDR Transceiver

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zeus ZS-1 SDR Transceiver
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 11:49:57 -0500
*Thanks Rick,*
*                           My friend has the Flex 1500. He is always
Doubling with folks On the Air. From the time he keys the microphone until
the Scope and Watt Meter shows Output is about 3/4 of a second. We have not
looked at Receiver Delay in real time. I have even taken my Quad Core
Monster with 8 Gig of RAM out by his home, to see if the added Processing
Power/Speed would help. It is a strange situation to say the least. Do the
Newer Flex Rigs have this issue? Is there a way to cure this with the Flex
1500? Time to say something about Ten Tec now. Ron, the Flex Owner
currently has my fully restored Omni D and he will not give it back.
Recently, he got to see the Eagle that is here on loan from Bob/K4TAX. My
old buddy Ron, is currently selling lots of stuff on Epay/Ebay on a build
up to own an Eagle. My Paragon is getting a well deserved going through.
Connectors and Connections, DeOxit is the best thing since Sliced Bread.
The PA had some very Domed Capacitors inside, plus we are cleaning up some
other issues. One of the transistors on the Control Board was reading 5K
resistance between Emitter and Collector but the Rig was still working.
Almost to the point of doing a Shotgun Check of all the Wet Capacitors with
the Trusty old ESR Meter. Only about a week and a half left before the
Eagle goes home. And we sure will miss the Eagle. *

*                                              Later down the Log 73
Wade/KJ4WS*