Re: [TenTec] More Junk....

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] More Junk....
From: Darrell Bellerive <ve7iu@runbox.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 10:23:32 -0700
I'm am also happy to see more products being developed for the amateur radio
marketplace.

Wow, I am amazed to see the negative comments generated by only a couple of
computer generated images of a radio under development, a price, and the
country of origin.

This does not encourage companies to try new things or for new companies to be
established. Give them the benefit of the doubt and let's see what they can
bring to market.

There will always be the early adopters who are willing to take a chance on
something new, and there are those who wait for a product to be very mature
before a purchase. There are also those who have always bought a certain
brand, will always buy a certain brand, and will never consider anything else.

Each will buy to their own level of confidence in a brand, a company, or a
product. Not everyone has the same level of risk taking.

This is an interesting time for manufacturers, new technologies are opening
the door for builders to create things on a small scale that were impossible
only a few years ago. The cottage industry for electronics products is growing
rapidly. What hams and hobbyist did years ago is small compared to the maker
movement underway today.

For those who like to tinker on things, we are in very interesting times.

Darrell
VE7IU