Re: [TenTec] Scout has vy low Pwr out on some bands

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout has vy low Pwr out on some bands
From: "Lee WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 09:58:41 -0400
Actually, the Q-Tip will likely leave fibers behind.  When I do a repair here I
do an inspection
with a 20 X inspection microscope to check soldering, card edge connectors and
anything
else important.  I formerly used Q-Tips for cleaning but after looking at the
finished job thru
the microscope that was the end of Q-Tips.  I went to a small brush as Ken
suggests.  If a
bristle falls off you can likely see that with the naked eye.

73 de  -Lee-  WA3FIY