Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Mystery

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Mystery
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:38:04 +0100
Jim,

By "listening in" directly to the BFO signals at 9MHz you are independent of all the sidetone and XIT offset processing that goes on in the microprocessor. The BFO oscillator is completely free-running and not under any control from the microprocessor.

So your measurements were still valid no matter what those settings.

Steve G3TXQ