Re: [TenTec] Hercules 444 amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules 444 amp
From: Robert <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 13:01:29 -0400
Many to most design parameters do change radically when converting from BIPOLAR
to MOSFET devices.

I seen to think MFJ does have their products in the reach of the average ham.
I find typically they offer reasonable designs, reasonable quality at
reasonable prices. Maybe it's the hams average reach that needs adjusting. The
days of the SB-200 and SB-220 KIT prices are long gone.

Good quality amps, those that are clean and don't spew garbage across the
bands, require good design and good quality parts.  Then add a high duty cycle
and it places more demand on the designs and the parts choices.

73
Bob K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone