Re: [TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten Tec!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten Tec!
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 07:49:26 +0300
On 10/3/2014 6:32 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
The TR7 was a single conversion receiver and excellent in its time.

No, it's not sigle conversion.

The TR7 had two IF's. The it's 7am and I have not my morning coffee, so I'm rounding, but the first was around 48mHz and the second around 5. Probably the reason you think so was there were no optional filters for the 48mHz IF.

The TR7 had a roofing filter about 9kHz, and included a 2.3kHz filter which was used for transmitting and receiving. It had 3 optional filter slots, with 1.8kHz, 500Hz, 300Hz and 6kHz (am receive) available from Drake. A third party (International Crystal?) sold a 4kHz AM filter and the TR-7A came with a resistor in place of one of the filters giving you the 9kHz bandwidth for AM reception.

There is a mod floating around to use the 6kHz crystal for AM transmission.

If anyone cares lt me know and I'll get the exact details.

http://www.wb4hfn.com/DRAKE/DrakeArticles/InsideTheTR7/Inside_The_TR7-01.htm

http://www.wb4hfn.com/DRAKE/DrakeCatalogsBrochures/Brochure_TR7.htm

Geoff.

--