Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 20:52:07 +0000
On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Gary - AB9M <glhuber@msn.com> wrote:

> The current latency problems with SDR is mostly a function of the attached
> computer and its DPCs.... fast computer with fast RAM and low DPCs = low
> latency SDR. Flex 6000 series are a different animal with all the needed
> computing power of the SDR IN the radio, the attached computer is just the
> user interface.

Sorry, not my experience Gary with ANAN-100D.  Lightning fast computer with
low DPC's   Receive and transmit latency each measured ~150msec in ssb and
cw.  Then they moved the cw transmit to the onboard FPGA and eliminated
that, but none of the other functions will be ported to the FPGA.  You
can't use these radios (pc-based dsp) if you need a non-slow turnaround.
It was killing me when I tried using the radio in cw and ssb contests.

Barry N1EU