Re: [TenTec] OT: Anyone used LiFePo technology yet for portable operatio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Anyone used LiFePo technology yet for portable operations?
From: Kevin Anderson via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:02:40 -0700
I don't have specific experience with the batteries you ask about.  I'm
replying because I recall that the Scout quickly gets "squirelly" with low
battery voltage.  I remember when I first got my used Scout back in 1999 and
was tuning several brand-new Hamstick antennas without the car running, and so
just running off the car battery.  And it didn't seem to take long before the
radio was squawking and making extra noises as the car battery started to run
down.  So make sure you get a battery setup with enough capacity, or run with a
battery booster, to make sure you can operate cleanly for your entire expected
length of time for operating, as the Scout's receiver is relatively thirsty
compared to other portable radios.

Cheers/73,
Kevin, K9IUA