Re: [TenTec] OT: Anyone used LiFePo technology yet for portable operatio

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Anyone used LiFePo technology yet for portable operations?
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 11:11:35 -0500
*For my emergency power, we took two 125 Ah batteries in series for 24
volts. Then used/built a regulator circuit rated at 35 Amps with Crowbar
circuit. We now run the Paragon from that when the lights go out. These
batteries are pulls from the FedEx Data Center and are very nice. As you
may know, the Paragons get really silly acting below about 12.4 volts ( or
at least mine does.) So my cure may also be an idea or a way to use the
Scout without worry, by using 2 batteries rated at 6 AH and the described
circuit above. Heck, its just an idea. My 2 batteries have never
been discharged below about 12.3 volts each and we get Many Hours of Backup
Power.*
*                                                 73 de Wade/KJ4WS*