Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Plus: No RX or TX on 10 meters (Intermittent)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Plus: No RX or TX on 10 meters (Intermittent)
From: "A R" <raf_3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 20:54:04 -0700

That's a question that TT should be able to answer. The RoHS Directive was
officially put into force in late 2002 or early 2003. But, some (many?)
manufacturers were made aware of the impending/proposed mandate, and chose to
get a jump on the mandate in order sort out any problems to prevent disruption
of manufacturing/deliveries upon (what appeared to be certain) issuance of the
directive. Although the official proposal was submitted in 2000, I know that
some manufacturers were afforded a "heads up" as early as 1998, and initiated
RoHS-compliant pilot manufacturing programs. Surely the information gleaned as
a result of these pre-directive pilot programs was fedback to the RoHS
commission, for it's consideration.

Does any current TT gear carry a "RoHS Compliant" badge (sticker), or is RoHS
compliance declared in their manuals? I wonder if a guy touches up solder
connections in a RoHS compliant radio with Sn-Pb solder, if he has to apply a
new sticker declaring "non-RoHS compliance", or if he's subject to the same
sort of penalties as someone who removes the "DO NOT REMOVE" tags on
upholstered things.

73,

Allen--W7GIF