Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Zero Beating

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Zero Beating
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 07:54:59 -0400
I don't have an Eagle, but on my Omni VII  I use a visual method even though
the Omni has a Spot function where you can match tone with the received
signal. Like you, hearing that pitch difference has become more difficult
over time. Instead I sort of cheat and use the waterfall display on HRD. I
have the 700 Hz offset marked and I tune until the received signal is right
on that mark, so I know I will be zeroed with that signal.

=Vic=
WA4THR