Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Zero Beating

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Zero Beating
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 18:01:57 +0200
Well I would avoid that idiot like the plague.

One thing that happens as we get older is, we start listening to lower
tones.
I would say I typically listen 100 or 150 hz lower than I used to when I was
much younger.
Some people I know prefer listening to 400 hz.

You need to adjust your sidetone pitch for the frequency you like to hear.
The CW offset will follow.

So indeed it is possible that you are listening to 600 hz instead of 700 hz
and really are 100 hz off.

Go into the CW menu, where you can adjust cw speed, sidetone level STL, and
sidetone frequency STF. In the STF menu, tweak the multi knob for the tone
you prefer listening to.
Now every time you tune to that tone on a signal on the air, you will be
very close to zerobeat.

If the guy still claims you are off, then he has a problem; he's trying to
be holier than the pope..

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)