Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Zero Beating

To: <demerson@compuserve.com>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Zero Beating
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 00:41:06 +0200
Good point, Darrell.  I agree with you.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of demerson
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:30 PM
To: tentec@contesting.com

There was a nice article about netting on CW by G3MCK in a recent issue of
"The KeyNote", the FISTS newsletter.  Called "Rites and Rituals" the article
included:
"... I doubt if anybody nets exactly all the time (and in fact a slight
mis-netting can be helpful, for example if two stations reply to a CQ it can
be very difficult to distinguish one from the other if they are both the
same strength, sending at the same speed and correctly netted). ...
I would suggest that netting to within 100 Hz is usually acceptable and is a
reasonable aim ..."

    So, if you are netting 100 Hz high, I would say that's perfect.
Netting exactly on frequency may not always be desirable.

     73
               Darrel, aa7fv.